Let’s interact today!
1) Inspired by that guardian article…what are your favorite comfort foods?
2) What is your go-to non-alcoholic beverage?
3) What place makes you feel a sense of comfort and calm?
4) Dream vacation?
5) Best album to listen to when you want to feel like a teenager?
1) Favorite comfort foods are definitely grilled cheese or hamburgers. Basically anything that goes well with a tomato-y condiment.
2) My go to non-alcoholic beverage is coffee like any regular working stiff.
3) Just being in my apartment makes me feel comfort and calm, but if I’m looking for a real “away from it all” feelings, it’s definitely my grandparents’ farmhouse.
4) My dream vacation is actually a three month trip so it would require a sabbatical of sorts. I want to go to Japan, Indonesia, and Australia in one fell swoop and spend a month in each. It’s an insane idea and I fully admit I will probably never execute it. Not saying that to be down on myself, I just let practicalities get in the way of shit like this.
5) Room on Fire by the Strokes [[subtitle: anything by No Doubt]]
Nelly: like after being at the XXXX museum i was like oh wow this is why its hard for artists…because people try to screw you over and they conflate their own art-adjacent jobs with actually being artists, and they expect artists to like pull shit out of their asses for like no money at no notice because everything is a “good opportunity”
like that just seems the majority of the art world so i’m just like fuck that, if i even do arts admin shit i’d rather do it from like, coming in as an artist
Sometimes it has felt this way literally and not in a cute way.